Job title: Head of Human Resources
Job location: METAdrasi’s Headquarters in Athens
METAdrasi is an award-winning Civil Society Organization that aims to cover long-lasting gaps in the reception and integration of refugees and migrants in Greece. Founded in 2010, METAdrasi delivers innovative activities that focus on the following areas: interpretation, protection of unaccompanied minors, protection of vulnerable groups, education and integration.
METAdrasi is looking for a Head of Human Resources. The Head of Human Resources must have experience in managing large teams in an ever-changing context, in which emergencies constantly arise requiring immediate response. METAdrasi employs more than 500 talented people, 11 of whom in the Human Resources Department, who are distinguished for their high ideals and professionalism.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and manages all activities related to Human Resources, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations.
- Supervises and ensures the observance and respect of the principles, internal procedures and rules of the Organization by all employees. Designs company policies and procedures where necessary and leads on projects including compensation plan or evaluation system revisions.
- Ensures the observance of the current labour legislation by all Departments’ Heads, providing them with guidance and support.
- Ensures effective team management is maintained by all Managers, guaranteeing the observance of the fundamental principles of respect, courtesy and constructive cooperation between all staff so as to achieve the strategic priorities and programmatic goals of the Organization.
- Ensures the timely and appropriate training of staff for the optimal implementation of all programmes.
- Designs and oversees organization-wide regular performance evaluation systems and individual evaluations where necessary.
- Supports preparation of budgets by Departments ensuring the effective allocation of staff to meet organizational and programmatic goals.
- Tracks key metrics, including retention rates, job satisfaction surveys and effectiveness of benefits programs, and recommends improvements.
- Coordinates employee training and development initiatives.
- Ensures recordkeeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements.
- Proposes and coordinates activities aimed at enhancing staff well-being and strengthening team building and staff relationships.
- Designs proposals and effective tools for optimizing the process of recruiting and onboarding new employees.
- Submits a monthly progress report on behalf of the Human Resources Department.
- Submits a quarterly report to the Board of Directors, including quantitative and qualitative information, updates on challenges and new needs.
- Takes demonstrative action to prevent and resolve disputes/conflicts that arise between staff members in accordance with the principles of equal treatment and impartiality.
- Submits a recommendation to the Board of Directors for each new recruitment or internal staff transfers to cover vacancies in accordance with organizational needs and specifications and donor requirements.
- Manages disciplinary misconduct, submits oral and written recommendations and warnings to employees and submits written justifications of any dismissals to the Board of Directors.
- Liaises with legal partners on matters concerning labour legislation and resolving labour disputes.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of staff in accordance with current legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Humanities or/and Economics
- Previous experience in an equivalent position for at least seven (7) years
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems, including payroll tools
- Excellent knowledge of Ms Office
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Leadership abilities
- Strong writing and oral skills
- Good knowledge of the current labour legislation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Postgraduate Degree in Human Resource Management
- Previous work experience in Civil Society Organizations will be considered an asset
- Problem solving and executive skills that ensure successful Human Resource Management
- Interpersonal skills for effective management, facilitation and communication with employees
- Demonstrated training and development skills to attract, retain and maximize employee performance
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3
Qualified candidates are invited to send their CV, accompanied by a cover letter, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Head of HR”, until 31/3/2023.
METAdrasi is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and diversity. All applications from qualified candidates are considered on the basis of merit, without regard to race, sex, ethnic or national origin, religious affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, age, marital or civil partnership status, or disability.