METAdrasi, in cooperation with the UNHCR, launches a new education and training programme aiming at facilitating the access of the refugee and migrant population to the labour market.
Refugees, beneficiaries of temporary protection and migrants – aged 18 and over – are being offered the opportunity to acquire the necessary skills for employment in the field of childcare and care of infants. In addition, upon successful completion of the training, they will have the opportunity to join the relevant roster of the Hellenic Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, with the aim of being employed as custodians/nannies within the framework of the “Neighbourhood Nannies” action.
METAdrasi’s programme provides:
- Vocational training courses in a private Institute (IEK)
- Child protection and care trainings
- Administrative support for registration in the register of the Ministry of Labour
- Auxiliary Greek language lessons to improve the level of the language
Requirements for participation in the programme:
- A residence permit granting the right to work in Greece
- High School Diploma (Apolytirion)*
- Work permit in Greece (if the law provides for its issuance)
- A very good level of knowledge of the Greek language (B1) will be taken into account
In order to participate in the selection process, interested parties should fill in the Application Form which can be found at the following link:
Deadline for submission of applications: Monday, 21/11/2022
Please note: Registrations may end earlier if the required number of participants is reached.
Applications are also accepted from holders of a vocational training degree as a childcare assistant / graduates of Vocational Training Institutes as a childcare assistant, pre-school education activities or equivalent / Technological Educational Institution with specialization in childcare, pre-school education or pre-school education / Higher Educational Institution in pre-school education.
ℹ️ For more information please contact Eleni Metsa at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Savvas Papadopoulos at the email: email@example.com
* Either from a Greek High School, or from an equivalent educational institution of the applicant’s country of origin.
The programme is implemented by METAdrasi with the support of UNHCR.